Fast, supportive, Getting Things Done web application.
A fast, minimial, nimble, vanilla Getting Things Done tool that holds you to account.
Designed for the discerning, fast-moving GTD practitioner who wants to work from anywhere (although the tool is heavily keyboard-oriented).
If you're inpatient, rudimentary command-line-only functionality available locally (& privately) via calmwater1.
License: GNU AGPLv3; same as the GPL, but you must provide the source to your users and the public if you host this code via a Software As A Service.
- Tracking of last weekly review [TODO], and other useful stats
- Explicit link between project and associated next action(s); quickly determine if a project is on track or not. [TODO]
- Similiarly, you should be able to see all next actions in a given context, not just those who are/are not associated with a project (a pain point for traditional task management software not designed explicitly for the Getting Things Done system)
- Options for self-hosting, or using a hosted version on TBD.
Getting Things Done is a great framework for staying organized. It's also hard.
Particularly the weekly review, and making sure everything's in the right bucket.
calmwater aims to help; reminding you to do your weekly review, walking you through the steps, one task & one project at a time.
It's like a checklist on steroids; a smart, no-nonsense tool to help you live your best life.
calmwater is a webapp to store your brain; projects, next actions, project status and checklist information. calmwater is disciplined Getting Things Done. calmwater holds you to account.
Syntax and commands are simple:
- Here is my first project. Lets try out: calmwater
- Here is my second project. Project keyword is after colon: keyword!
- If the user doesn't specify a keyword, that's OK, we'll create one anyway (using the last word anyway)
Question - are keywords really needed? It's all point-and-click-based. Why not just UID it (one extra filesystem hit, but not bad) without keywords users can't do this: w my partner to call the pharmacy : project -- adds a waiting task to "project" called "my partner to call the pharmacy" also keywords will allow use of dropdowns later I think
Hopefully this section won't be needed once contiunious integration & automatic generation of binaries is a thing. But for now...
- A cgi-enabled webserver.
calmwater: A fast, nimble, disciplined, web-based Getting Things Done tool that holds you to account. Supports projects, next actions, queued next actions, and textual project support material. Stop keeping your whole life--work & home--jammed in your head.
Copyright 2022-2023 Nicholas E. May
This file is part of calmwater.
calmwater is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
calmwater is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with calmwater. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Please note that this is the Affero GPL; if you host this, you MUST provide the source code
Acknowledgments: Sarah E. Heady - love, support and beta testing.